Monday, December 15, 2008

First Post

Hello!  I’m not really sure how to start this (been thinking about it on and off for the past six months, in fact), so I figured I just need to get going and it will get easier after that.  My name is Chris and you’ve just stumbled upon the Beer of the Week Club, my blog about beer and food, two of my favorite things in the world.  I’m a recent college graduate with passions for music, food, sports, and of course, beer.  Over the course of my life so far I’ve sampled around 200 different beers from over 20 countries, so although I have a while until I’d consider myself an expert, I’d like to think that I have some decent credentials.

So why the Beer of the Week Club?  Three years ago me and my roommate and four of our friends started a beer of the week club (something I recommend for anyone wanting to try a lot of different beers).  The idea is every week someone buys a six pack of a beer that they want to try, and on the given night everyone hangs out and has bottle of it.  Alternate buying each week and you have a beer of the week club.  Over the course of 2 years (it is currently defunct) I was able to try around 50 beers while having some good times.

This blog is a continuation of that tradition.  Some of the beers I’ll be reviewing are as follows:

untitled

  • Young’s Luxury Double Chocolate Stout
  • Greene King Abbot Ale
  • The Magic Hat summer mix pack
  • Straub Beer
  • Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale

I’ll also write about some of my favorite foods that I’ve made recently, and even beer/food pairings if I get really ambitious.

2 comments:

Talka said...

I can't wait to read more!! :D I loved this post, it was fun to read about how the BOTWC started!

Talka said...

HEY HEY...slacker! i want another update :D