Sunday, January 2, 2011

Second verse, same as the first

Following John Cage’s advice to begin anywhere, last week I decided to go for a hike in a blizzard.  I’m not really sure why I felt like I needed to take that hike, but the thought process probably went something like “who knows when the next time I’ll get to hike in a blizzard will be?”.  So I made the quick drive over to a lookout that’s about 5 minutes from home, just to see if I could see anything.  The view obviously wasn’t as good as it normally is, but the hike was still worth it because of how wintery it looked outside.

East Barndoor Hill
P1090617
P1090634
P1090636
P1090619
On the way back down the hill the gusting wind at the top of the hill died down in the shelter of the trees, and it was a quiet, peaceful walk back down.  I got to reflecting on the past year and how difficult it was for me, and decided then and there that it was time for a fresh start.  Resurrecting this blog is part of that starting over, expanding its focus to a few more things that I enjoy.  So here’s to making 2011 a great year!

No comments: